April 29, 2019
7:00 pm - 9:30 pm
Iron Giant Loft
1080 23rd Avenue
Oakland, CA 94606
Do you feel like
- you always fall for unavailable people?
- the people you’re attracted to never like you as much as you like them?
- your needs for intimacy scare people away?
- you freak out when your partner is with someone else?
- you feel abandoned when your partner doesn’t text you back?
- your partners don’t care as much about you as you care about them?
Or, do you feel like
- you freak out when someone gets too close to you?
- you want relationships but always feel hemmed in?
- your partners have radically different relationship expectations than you?
- you prefer to keep your innermost feelings to yourself?
- you can’t trust anybody?
- your partners don’t meet your standards?
- you value freedom and independence above all else?
- when you get triggered, you isolate and have trouble reaching out for support?
Perhaps you can relate to both.
The good news is that you’re not broken, and you can change. Awareness is the first step.
In this workshop, you’ll learn how to recognize your attachment patterns so that you’ll know what you need to work on and take steps to get out of your own way.
You’ll also learn mindfulness skills that can help you reduce reactivity, question the limiting stories you tell yourself about your life and relationships, and feel more at ease in your relationships and sex life.
This workshop is for everyone, but it’s also sex-positive, poly-positive, kink-positive, and inclusive of queer and trans perspectives. (Your facilitator, Liam Marcus, is queer and trans masculine.)
If you’re tired of falling for unavailable people, register for this workshop.
Monday, April 29, 7:00 to 9:30
Doors open at 7:00 pm and the workshop starts at 7:15.
Iron Giant Loft, 1080 23rd Avenue, Oakland, CA 94606
BART accessible; free on-street parking. Spacious, private live/work loft in a residential building.
First floor, no stairs or steps. All gender/single occupant restroom. Seating options include plenty of couches and chairs, plus throw pillows if you like to stretch out.
The home is low-fragrance; we encourage attendees not to wear scented products or fragrances so that everyone can be comfortable. There are two cats in residence; they will be in a closed back room during the event. There is a HEPA air purifier in the event space itself to reduce allergens.
WHAT TO BRING
Please bring a pen and notebook and a closed-top water bottle or drink container.
ABOUT LIAM MARCUS
I’m a relationship, sex, and intimacy coach, and I’ve explored the intersections of meditation, mindfulness, and relationships for over 20 years. I was drawn to meditation for the purpose of spiritual awakening, but over time, it has also helped me overcome a number of painful patterns in relationships. Since my training with IPSA in 1999, I’ve practiced surrogate partner therapy and helped hundreds of clients heal their attachment wounds and have more fulfilling relationships and sex lives. I’ve practiced and studied meditation in Buddhist Vipassana and Vajrayana traditions. In my other life, I have a Ph.D. in the humanities from U.C. Berkeley and have authored or coauthored five nonfiction books.
I’m available for both individual and couples coaching sessions anywhere via phone or video call and face-to-face in the DC area.
Find me on Facebook at www.facebook.com/liam.marcus.54