April 30, 2017
3:00 pm - 6:00 pm
When the goal is reclaiming sexuality after trauma or sexual assault, it’s crucial to balance avoiding self-coercion with moving through the fear. It can be done.
Experienced sex and intimacy coach—and survivor—Alex S. Morgan will walk you through how to move through the fear, re-integrate your sexual self and your erotic power, and share tools to help you handle the challenges along the way. You’ll actually train your body to unlearn trauma-inspired fear and discover the pleasure on the other side.
- The three keys to rebuilding trust in your own body
- Clothed somatic exercises we’ll practice during the workshop that you can use on your own or with a partner
- Techniques for re-approaching intimacy after a violation of trust
- Resources for partners on handling sexual and/or emotional rejection while survivors process or experience periods of feeling sexually unavailable
- A meditation to release guilt, shame, and numbness in your body and reclaim your erotic power
- Recommendations for hands-on/somatic work and bodywork
This class is geared toward individuals of all genders and orientations and is supportive of diverse sexual and relationship practices including kink, monogamy and non-monogamy, using and/or creating erotic media, and both casual/play partner-focused and relationship-oriented sexual encounters.
The material is created from a trauma-informed standpoint and actively includes disabled, chronically ill, demisexual and demiromantic, transgender and non-binary, and sex worker-affirming lenses.
Online Registration at: https://reclaimingsexualityoakland.eventbrite.com